Tuesday, May 18, 2010

google header collecting

Just a bit of fluff today.

I've noticed that, lately, for some strange reason that's probably a coincidence (or is it???) the Google header illustrations have been meshing pretty well with Thistleswitch. In fact, I've become a sort of collector of cool Google headings, which is a hobby that I doubt there's a group for on Facebook.

This one may not directly have anything to do with the story itself, but it's certainly fairy-tale related. It's the sort of thing that definitely could be in Thistleswitch.


This one was for Earth Day, but it's obviously actually a depiction of the Thistlethought Forest. Look at the bright colors and twisty trees!


And then the kicker...the one that literally made me stop and stare at my computer screen, with my mouth hanging open in surprise:

...
What?
Those are fiddles, people. Fiddles that look very distinctly remarkable, wouldn't you agree? It was for Vivaldi's birthday, I think, but really the artist was picking up on some Thisteswitch vibes (they're really quite insistent) and illustrated some remarkable fiddles.

Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, you're all that and a bag of chips. Like, high class chips. From Trader Joe's, or something.