Tuesday, September 7, 2010

leading lady lookalikes

Now, I'm a big believer in letting readers envision characters and settings however they want to, which is part of the reason that movies based on books sometimes don't cut it for me. (Like the casting of Twilight, for example...coughEmily Browning is my Bellacough.) However, I've found people who look somewhat like a few of my leading ladies, and I figured that I would share just because.

Katie A. Keane is the closest I've ever seen to Merry Songchaser. You may have seen her as Audie in Ruby and the Rockits (which was cancelled, which I'm not particularly torn up about). She's got the red hair and the right smile, anyway. So, if you imagine her as a fourteen-through-seventeen year old girl, you're sort of getting the right idea.

Megan Dodds is completely Jovie, to a T, whatever that expression means. Other than the fact that she doesn't have brown eyes, I guess...but it's a black and white photo, so you can imagine the brown eyes. She's the evil stepsister in Ever After, the Cinderella movie with Drew Barrymore (one of my personal favorite movies). Now again, she's definitely older than eighteen years old, so she can't really play Jovie in the inevitable movie of The Unnamed Companion (HA), but you get the general idea.

And then there's this one...yeah. First of all, no one out there even knows who Surrey is, much less what her story is or what she's supposed to look like. Surrey, you see, is the female main character of, not the third, but the fourth sequel idea that I have. Yup. And, though I'm well aware that this picture is not of a, um, real person, persey, the Witch Princess from Harvest Moon DS is a Surrey lookalike. Whatcha gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, you're all that and a bag of chips. Like, high class chips. From Trader Joe's, or something.