Tuesday, October 19, 2010

update

The Thistleswitch Update

I've been editing Thistleswitch obsessively this past week - "obsessively", as in, I can't eat, sleep or breathe without agonizing over every single little thing about the story that doesn't blister me with its brilliance. I constantly have it open on my computer, I constantly reread the beginning chapters and change things, I constantly attempt to reword the purple passages in a way that's easy to understand but maintains the flavor of the story. Yeesh.

The Unnamed Companion Update

Still nothing to update. I haven't touched it in what feels like ages. I'm trying to figure out if I start the story in the right place, or if I started it too early. But that's not really one of my priorities right now.

And, drummmmmmrooooooolllllllll...

The OTHER Unnamed Companion Update

I've mentioned before that I have three different "sequels" for Thistleswitch lined up in my head. Terrence and Jovie's story was the second, and the third is all about Niko's little sister Azalea. For the longest time I didn't know diddly squat about the actual plot of the story (except that she gets turned into a cat, heheh). But the other day I had a dream about the story, and now I know just enough details that I can start to write, and I'm clueless about just enough details that it will maintain a Thistleswitch-y feeling while I'm writing.

Of course, Novemeber is coming up. November means NaNoWriMo (which you should do). I can't decide if I want to try to use Aza's story for NaNo, or if the stressful nature of it will mess with the story's mojo. And, other than Aza, I've got two other stories that want to be written this November. I really can't decide which one to use.

So this coming month might either be really productive on the Thistleswitch front, or not productive in the slightest. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, you're all that and a bag of chips. Like, high class chips. From Trader Joe's, or something.