Thursday, August 19, 2010

myows

Over our Spring Break vacation this year, I read several issues of Wired and Popular Science - not only were they really the only things to read in our rental house once I finished the books I'd brought, but I'm a science geek at heart. Anyway, in one issue of PopSci, they mentioned the MYOWS, or "My Original Works" website.

MYOWS is a site for proving copyrights, basically, in a world where more and more created material is accessible online. You upload your stories, computer graphics, music, or whatever other digital media you've created, and it gets a date and time stamp that can be cited if any stinky people somehow get a hold of your work and try to pass it off as their own.

I checked up on it today, and other than PopSci it's been recommended by quite a lot of people and publications. So, since I've been letting people wander amuck with copies of my story while they read it (not that I don't trust my friends, mind you, but still) I decided that I might as well make an account and prove to the online world that Thistleswitch was mine as of August 19, 2010. I've been thinking about sticking some other writing, or maybe some of the stuff I made in computer graphics class, on there as well.

Anyway, just in the interest of including anything that might possibly be helpful to any other author-hopefuls out there, I thought I'd mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, you're all that and a bag of chips. Like, high class chips. From Trader Joe's, or something.