Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the end stretch

I think (let me emphasize that, because I never really know with this story: think) that I know how the rest of Thistleswitch is going to work out. I mean, I think I've got an idea of every chapter and scene that happens from here to The End. That's...a weird sensation, I have to admit. This story is all about unexpected stuff, both for the reader and for yours truly. For me to have an idea of what's happening three chapters from now, rather than just going with the flow, is strange.

This isn't to say that I really planned anything out. I've gotten bits and pieces of what's coming up at different times and written them down, just kind of knowing that they had to come at the end at some point. And actually, I've known the actual end itself for quite a while. But to know how everything fits together - like I planned it from the beginning, which I definitely didn't - is pretty strange.

Actually, I take that back...there's one bit that I'm not too certain of. And that's how our heroes are reunited with good old Quicken and Kaye and their noble steeds. That's a dang important bit of story right there, but I'm not sure what happens to lead up to it. Basically, I'm not sure of the whole bit where they travel back to Grandma Anine. So I guess there is one part of the story where the unexpected could happen.

And, in all honesty, the unexpected could happen at any time. Just because I think I have it planned out doesn't mean I really do. If I'm typing merrily along and somehow my fingers decide to add in that Aries needs to go and do his fourth quest, I guess I'm just along for the ride.

But, at least tentatively, I know where I'm going with this. Which is pretty great, if only because it means I can type up 3000 words in two hours, no problem. Funny how the words just flow when you know what the destination is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, you're all that and a bag of chips. Like, high class chips. From Trader Joe's, or something.